Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Adorable, a pink layout with Karine

Hi,

Karine here today to share with you my first October layout. 


As for always, I started out with clear gesso all over my paper (a Prima paper, from the Garden Fable collection). I thought the paper was a bit busy, so I painted white gesso, mainly on the diagonal where i was going to paint afterwards. I applied modelling paste through a stencil and was ready to start coloring. I used Coloringz Pink Stilettos and Spritz Ruby to build the pink background that shows around my picture and my embellishments. 


It was already beautiful, but I needed another color to bring more contrast. I then selected my Good as Gold Inklingz, which I added in a few spots around the design. Sadly, the picture doesn't show all the shimmer there is with the Inklingz...


For a little more texture and shimmer, I added a few touches of Shimmerz Magenta and Royal Red, to the right of the picture and below some flowers. I just love the shimmer and the sandy effect we get with the Shimmerz.



***

You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 

No comments: