Monday, November 9, 2015

Be Brave

Hi! Irit here with a new layout using some of my favorite colors of Shimmerz goodies, but this time I'm creating a summer layout. I really love the contrast of all those corals and pinks with the blue water.


I started with watercolor paper, as I knew I was going to use lots of water with my Inklingz and Creameez. To get that beautiful stained watercolored look, you really need to work in layers. Apply one layer of color, let it dry, and then go back and add more color where needed. I like to start with softer colors and work my way to the brighter ones.


On this project I started with Inklingz in Bahama Mama, She Packs A Punch, Can't Elope and Creameez in Daffodil. In the second layer I added the slightly darker Trippin In The Tropics and Good Ol' Summer Time. I also added splatters in each layer. For my last layer I pulled out some more intense shades. I used Vibez in Mango Tango and Pop Art Pink as well as Coloringz in Pretty in Pink (that's the darker pink you can see splattered in the photo above).


I let everything completely dry, and then pulled out my obsession these days... Dazzlers. I just love these shimmery colorful pastes. They are gorgeous and a pleasure to work with. I used a Heidi Swapp Stencil and 3 colors of Dazzlers- Tutti Frutti, Coral Me Crazy and Dreamscicle. You can see in the video exactly how I applied them to get a lovely color variation.


I just love how all the layers of watercolors peek between the stencil image. I finished my layout with some papers layered behind my photo and lots of Crate Paper Wonder embellishments that fit my color scheme perfectly.
Here's the video that shows the entire process-



Thanks for visiting and I'll be back next month with a new project! Have a lovely day!

No comments: