Monday, April 16, 2018

Dreamer


Hi everyone! Melissa here with my second design team page of April, for Shimmerz Paints! 
If you like paint, you will love these colors, and the type called Shimmerz is thick, ready made, and has an intense shimmer.The Inklingz are very shimmery too and are watercolors, you just spritz some water on top, and wait for a couple minutes for the paint to activate. Depending on how much water you use, the result can be thick, or thin. 



Here's how I made this page:
I mounted the photo on watercolor paper. I cut up die cuts,mostly Spellbinders, and put them around the pic. 



I stenciled on a clockface and bee using texture paste and a credit card.


I used double sided foam tape and put the pic with layers of foam core board on the sheet of Tattered Garden paper by 49 and Market. I like using tape because if I change my mind about design, it's easy to adjust, rather than tearing the paper by something that's glued on.




I added some big things like shells, glass pebbles, and flowers to support the die cut layers. There are metal pieces from Finnabair at the upper left and lower right corners. I painted the dusty attic chipboard and applied a thick layer of  Clear Rock Candy. For the paint I used Greener Pastures Inklingz first, then while it was wet, dropped in Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. You put a bunch on your brush and touch the green paint and the copper color flows right in. Be careful not to move the color around too much with your brush. I cut the Dusty Attic chipboard up and put it all over the page. I added Dear John Letter Inklingz to it, gold mica powder, and a mix of purple and blue mica powder. 



I painted the die cuts with Teal The End Of Time Shimmerz, and Greener Pastures. After I glued on micro beads and vintage glass glitter I painted on I Love You Onyxly Inklingz,I topped it with Imperial Amethyst Inklingz,a mix of watercolor crayons, and purple alcohol ink. 



I added gold mica powder to the die cuts, and also Dear John Letter. The copper and gold mica powder at the top was kind of covered up by stamped on Tsukineko chalk ink. I used a leaf stamp from Petite Poppies and sprinkled on mica powder over versamark.  Once I brushed off all the excess mica the images were too bright for the page. I smudged and inked over a lot of it.


I added a number of things for visual interest: the Tim Holtz metal butterfly, dried and pressed flowers,Spanish moss, and lichen I've collected, micro beads, vintage glass glitter, seed beeds, a few pearls, rhinestones, and Prima flowers.


A metal discovery tag by Tim Holtz, a couple fussy cuts fairies from G45, threads from plain and dyed gauze, fussy cut images of suns and moons from Stamperia paper, sequins, bling,new and old jewelry type items.


The bird at the bottom is a sticker with a clear background by 13 Arts. The title sticker is from 7 Dots.



Cut up lace, tulle, a little stencil work at the lower left and upper right corners using  Texturez Gold Mine,an art deco style costume jewelry earring art deco, from my sister in law. 



The little brass purse is from Vintaj. The green gem below it is Swarovski.  I used some green and white ball things from fall and holiday clearance flowers from Hobby Lobby.

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!













No comments: