Monday, May 21, 2018

"Dream Big" Scrapbooking Layout | Simone Schermann


Hello Shimmerz Fans. Guess what?! I finally had the courage to create a 12x12 paper full of texture and color that I then used to create a scrapbooking layout. I prepared my white cardstock with gesso first and then pulled out some stencils and Pasteez, Dazzlerz, different sprays as well as Creameez and Shimmerz, in short I grabbed my whole arsenal of ShimmerzPaints products. Then I chose a color palette as you can see from the photo it was very green heavy palette and just started. In the video that is linked below you can see the whole process, but it can be summarized as: I added color and water here and there until I felt I had a nice balance and then let it dry.


I came back the next day with some scrapbooking supplies, a photo and a punch. I punched out lots of squares from my paper and then started to arrange them in a pattern on a white background paper. I quickly realized that there are endless possibilities so I decided to go with the first one that I liked. I can see a series of layouts in my future that explores all the different options. Or at least some of them.


As you can see from the two closeup shots above, no two squares look the same, they all look like they belong together but each one is unique. I love the sparkly texture from the Dazzlers and I was absolutely amazed at the intensity of the Shimmerz, I definitely need to stock up on more colors. Did you see that there was a new release of six Spring colors? You can find them here.


After I had designed my background with the squares and stitched them onto the paper, I then went on to create a layout. I had so much fun mixing and matching papers and embellishments from so many different manufacturers.


Here is a link to my process video on youtube. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Creameez - Ride the Tide, Boogie Boardin' Blue, Daffodil, Green Goddess, Pining for You, Witches Blue
Shimmerz - Key Lime
Dazzlerz - Foiled Again
Vibez - Jeni B Blue, Snow Way Man
Coloringz - Don't Citron Me, Heidi Ho Blue, Oh Say Can You Sea, Well Blue Me Down

No comments: